Oral Commissure Defect Reconstruction with Modified Biflanged Submental Artery Island Flap
Anju Mathai, Satheesan Balasubramanian
Citation Information :
Mathai A, Balasubramanian S. Oral Commissure Defect Reconstruction with Modified Biflanged Submental Artery Island Flap. Int J Head Neck Surg 2015; 6 (1):38-40.
Copyright © 2015; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Mathai A, Balasubramanian S, Babu S. Oral Commissure Defect Reconstruction with Modified Biflanged Submental Artery Island Flap. Int J Head Neck Surg 2015;6(1):38-40.
- Reconstructionoftheoralcommissureby vascularised toe web transfer. Br J Plast Surg 1990 May;43(3):376-378.
- Reconstruction of the oral commissure with Z-plasties. Case Report. Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg 1982;16(3):305-306.
- Advanced squamous cell carcinoma involving both upper and lower lips and oral commissure with simultaneous reconstruction by local flap: a case report. J Med Case Rep 2012 Jan 18;6:23.
- Reconstruction of medium-sized thickness of oral commissure by combining double full-thickness cheek rhomboid flap and a small lip switch flap. Ann Plast Surg 2011 Aug;67(2):134-138.
- A technique for functional and aesthetic reconstruction of the oral commissure and buccal mucosa. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2010 Mar;39(3):287-289.
- Oral commissure reconstruction with orbicularis oris elastic musculomucosal flaps. J Plast Aesthet Reconstr Surg 2010 Mar;63(3):431-439.
- Estlander flap combined with an extended upper lip technique for large defects of lower lip with oral commissure. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2009 Aug;62(8):997-1003.
- Oral commissure reconstruction with split masseter muscle transposition and cheek skin flap. J Craniomaxillofac Surg 2001 Dec;29(6):351-354.
- Transverse fascial suspension with muscle bow traction: advantages for full-thickness lip reconstruction involving the oral commissure using free flap. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2012 Jul;65(7):e193-e196.
- Onestage reconstruction of a defect of the oral commissure and of the cheek with a radial forearm free flap. J Craniofac Surg 2008 Nov;19(6):1508-1511.
- Reconstruction of concomitant lip and cheek through-and-through defects with combined free flap and an advancement flap from the remaining lip. Plast Reconstr Surg 2004 Feb;113(2):491-498.
- Reconstruction of through-and-through cheek defects involving the oral commissure, using chimeric flaps from the thigh lateral femoral circumflex system. Plast Reconstr Surg 2002 Feb;109(2):433-441; Discussion 442-443.
- Functional and aesthetic reconstruction of full-thickness cheek, oral commissure and vermilion. J Craniomaxillofac Surg 2001 Dec;29(6):344-350.
- The submental island flap: a new donor site. Anatomy and clinical applications as a free or pedicled flap. Plast Reconstr Surg 1993 Oct;92(5):867-873.
- The submental island flap. Br J Plast Surg 1996 Mar;49(2):85-89.
- The submental island flap for reconstruction of intraoral defects in oral cancer patients. Oral Oncol 2008 Nov; 44(11):1014-1018.