Core Competency Education in Communication and Systems-based Practice: Are We Failing Our Residents?
Anthony Alessi, Marina Boruk
Citation Information :
Alessi A, Boruk M. Core Competency Education in Communication and Systems-based Practice: Are We Failing Our Residents?. Int J Head Neck Surg 2016; 7 (1):13-16.
Copyright © 2016; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Alessi A, Boruk M. Core Competency Education in Communication and Systems-based Practice: Are We Failing Our Residents? Int J Head Neck Surg 2016;7(1):13-16.
- The ACGME outcome project: retrospective and prospective. Med Teacher 2007;29(7):648-654.
- Practice management education during surgical residency. Am J Surg 2008;196: 878-882.
- Medical decision making: guide to improved CPT coding. South Med J 2010 Apr 1;103(4): 316-312.
- Pilot study of an objective structured clinical examination (the Six Pack) for evaluating clinical competencies. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2008 Feb 1;138(2): 143-148.
- A multidisciplinary audit of clinical coding accuracy in otolaryngology: financial, managerial and clinical governance considerations under payment by results. Clin Otolaryngol 2009;34:43-51.
- Resident evaluation of current practice management training. J Fam Pract 1981;13: 1063-1064.
- Surgical residents’ knowledge of documentation and coding for professional services: an opportunity for a focused educational offering. Am J Surg 2007;194:263-267.
- Emergency medicine resident documentation: results of the 1999. American Board of Emergency Medicine in training examination survey. Acad Emerg Med 2000;7:1135-1138.
- Documentation and coding education in emergency medicine residency programs: a national survey of residents and program directors. California J Emerg Med 2004 Jan;5(1):38.
- Teaching residents coding and documentation: effectiveness of a problem oriented approach. Am J Obst Gynecol 2005 Nov 30;193(5):1790-1793.
- Prospective, blinded evaluation of accuracy of operative reports dictated by surgical residents. The American Surgeon 2005 Aug 1;71(8):627-632.
- CPT coding by interventional radiologists: a multi institutional evaluation of accuracy and its economic implications. J Am Coll Radiol 2004;1:734-740.
- Expert agreement in current procedural terminology evaluation and management coding. Arch Intern Med 2002;162:316-320.
- Education in medical billing benefits both neurology trainees and academic departments. Neurol 2014 Nov 11;83(20):1856-1861.
- The uncertain future of medicare and graduate medical education. New England J Med 2011 Oct 6;365(14):1340-1345.
- New requirement for self disclosing CMS overpayments. J Am Col Radiol 2010 Nov 30;7(11):898-899.
- Patient protection and affordable care act. Public Law 2010:111-148.
- Does structured audit and feedback improve the accuracy of residents CPT E and M coding of clinic visits? Family Med 2010 Oct 1;42(9):648.
- Template-guided versus undirected written medical documentation: a prospective, randomized trial in a family medicine residency clinic. J Am Board of Family Practice 2005 Nov 1;18(6):464-469.
- Does the use of standardized history and physical forms improve billable income and resident physician awareness of billing codes? South Med J 2005;98:524-527.
- RVU ready? Preparing emergency medicine resident physicians in documentation for an incentive based work environment. Acad Emerg Med 2009;16:423-428.
- The impact of a documentation and coding curriculum in an obstetrics and gynecology continuity clinic. Ochsner J 2012 Dec;12(4):354-358.