Pediatric Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Surgical Techniques beyond Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy
Amal Isaiah, Ron B Mitchell
Citation Information :
Isaiah A, Mitchell RB. Pediatric Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Surgical Techniques beyond Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy. Int J Head Neck Surg 2016; 7 (2):109-114.
Copyright © 2016; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Isaiah A, Mitchell RB. Pediatric Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Surgical Techniques beyond Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy. Int J Head Neck Surg 2016;7(2):109-114.
- A randomized trial of adenotonsillectomy for childhood sleep apnea. N Engl J Med 2013 Jun 20;368(25):2366-2376.
- Diagnosis and management of childhood obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Pediatrics 2012 Sep;130(3):e714-e755.
- Sleep-disordered breathing in children: survey of current practice. Laryngoscope 2006 Jun;116(6):956-958.
- Adenotonsillectomy for obstructive sleep apnea in children: outcome evaluated by pre- and postoperative polysomnography. Laryngoscope 2007 Oct;117(10):1844-1854.
- Predictors of persistent sleep apnea after surgery in children younger than 3 years. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2013 Oct;139(10):1002-1008.
- Drug-induced sleep endoscopy in persistent pediatric sleep-disordered breathing after adenotonsillectomy. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2012 Jul;138(7):638-643.
- Magnetic resonance sleep studies in the evaluation of children with obstructive sleep apnea. Semin Ultrasound CT MR 2010 Apr;31(2):107-115.
- Intranasal steroids and oral leukotriene modifier therapy in residual sleep-disordered breathing after tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy in children. Pediatrics 2006 Jan;117(1):e61-e66.
- Adherence to and effectiveness of positive airway pressure therapy in children with obstructive sleep apnea. Pediatrics 2006 Mar;117(3):e442-e451.
- Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty with tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy as a treatment for obstructive sleep apnea in neurologically impaired children. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 2002 Feb25;62(3):229-235.
- Submucosal minimally invasive lingual excision: an effective, novel surgery for pediatric tongue base reduction. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 2006 Aug;115(8):624-630.
- Evolving therapies to treat retroglossal and base-of-tongue obstruction in pediatric obstructive sleep apnea. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2010 Oct;136(10):983-987.
- Surgery for pediatric sleep apnea. Otolaryngol Clin North Am 2007 Aug;40(4):855-875.
- Efficacy of rapid maxillary expansion in children with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome: 36 months of follow-up. Sleep Breath 2011 May;15(2):179-184.
- Modified expansion sphincter pharyngoplasty for treatment of children with obstructive sleep apnea. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2014 Sep;140(9):817-822.
- Analysis of outcomes in treatment of obstructive sleep apnea in infants. Laryngoscope 2013 Sep;123(9):2306-2314.
- Upper-airway stimulation for obstructive sleep apnea. N Engl J Med 2014 Jan 9;370(2):139-149.